Whether we’re ready for it or not, the holiday season is upon us! With its arrival comes the associated good tidings of cheer, decorative celebrations, gift shopping, wrapping presents, settling on family travel plans, cooking, baking, planning…the list goes on! However, when was the last time you found quality Christmas portraits “near me” to capture the holiday spirit of your family? This heart-warming experience not only is a gift in and of itself, but the photos themselves can make wonderful keepsake items and a fantastic way to spread Christmas cheer with those on your “nice” list! In this post, we will address the top reasons why you should consider investing in Christmas portraits this year, the best ways to use the photos, and more!
What Are Christmas Portraits?
You may have heard that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is “singing loud for all to hear”—and while there’s no denying that this is certainly effective, it can be just as moving (if slightly more subtly so) to hand deliver Christmas portraits to those you love. But what are Christmas portraits anyway? These are photos—typically of the whole family, and maybe even including the household dog as well—that are meant to invoke and capture the spirit of Christmas celebrations. Whether you all dress up in Christmas sweaters, red and green outfits, or embody the nativity scene, there is no shortage of ways you can play with a creative interpretation of this type of photoshoot.
Top 3 Reasons to Invest in Christmas Portraits This Year
Even if you’re less interested in playful and silly Christmas-themed photos and more interested in grabbing snapshots of your family at the close of another successful year, there are plenty of reasons to invest in family portraits in Christmastime. Here are the top three reasons to work with an expert photographer to get the best Christmas portraits “near me” with your loved ones:
- Set the tone for celebrating: Looking for ways to get in the proper holiday spirit? Planning for a celebratory photography session can put the whole family in the mood for eggnog and sugar cookies! This is why some families get their Christmas photos taken as soon as the next available day after Thanksgiving; from here on out, it’s party season—until the New Year rolls around!
- Cherish present family members: Both brand new family members (like babies, new in-laws or romantic partners, etc.) and venerated elders (like longstanding matriarchs and patriarchs of the family) and remember the joy and color they bring your clan for years to come as you all grow together and apart.
- Make a new family tradition: It is all too easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of daily life without taking time to pause and take inventory of the abundance of blessings around us. Starting an annual tradition of taking yearly family photos is not only a great way to ring in the holidays, but it can also make for a wonderful collection of photos with which to remember the passing years. These are the kinds of things that grow even more special with time—a wise investment indeed!
Best 3 Things to Do with Christmas Portraits
Now that you’re considering creating lasting memories year after year, you may be wondering what to do with your photos aside from tucking them in a wallet or sticking them to the fridge. Especially after purchasing the digital photos in addition to having them printed, you will be able to play with your new Christmas gifts in several ways—bringing joy to those nearest you! Here are the top three things to do with your family holiday portraits:
- Create an ongoing family album: Whether you like a tangible, leather-bound photo album to carry your portraits over the years or want to opt for a more modern, perhaps shareable online “album,” via an app or website, adding photos each Christmas can be a great way to watch your family grow and develop joy over time!
- Send your tangible Christmas photos through the mail: Have connections and loved ones all over the globe or around the country? Every now and then, receiving heartfelt mail from a family friend can really lift the spirits. In an era where it seems everything is accessed via a smartphone, there’s something extra special about providing a real portrait for your friends to keep, frame, or pin to their fridge.
- Create collages or other types of artwork: Got a family reunion coming up? Maybe your extended family gathers every ten years or so. Taking a collection of photos taken over the years can present a great opportunity for collages, slideshow presentations, and other fun experiences the whole clan can enjoy! What’s more, Christmas portraits always make great gifts when framed!
Best Christmas Portraits “Near Me” with Daniel McGarrity Photography
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…a time for family, and a time for celebrating what’s really important in life—our connections to those we love! Capture the moment with Christmas portraits “near me” of incomparable quality—whether you want intimate photos, a goofy celebration, or a holiday-themed shoot including the family dog with Daniel McGarrity Photography. Better yet, give the gift of a photoshoot by booking a photo bundle for a family you think is worth celebrating!